Re: IWarp as a tool

On Feb 17, 2008 5:07 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps for the rotation tool it doesn't mean much, but at least for
> the perspective tool it would be nice if one could undo the
> incremental changes one does to the control points. Probably this
> wouldn't be hard to implement? I doubt the normal undo mechanism could
> be used, though, the transform tool would have to implement and own
> simple undo mechanism.

I would suggest getting the functionality first, and worrying
about undo later.  My experience is that the Gimp undo system
is pretty well designed, and can handle most of the tasks that
you would want to give it.

> For a warp tool working in the style of the transform tool, the amount
> of state is much larger, and implementing an own undo mechanism for it
> does not necessarily sound like a good idea.

Having each tool implement its own kind of internal undo is a
nightmare for maintenance.

  -- Bill