Re: no image open spec...

Am Dienstag, den 05.02.2008, 11:26 +0100 schrieb peter sikking:
> GIMPsters,
>
> Let me state that I wrote my first email in this thread because (yes)
> I am struggling what to put there. It is easy for me to make the
> list of gimmicks that not should go in there. Every on of those
> sucks so much... But what is left? The window needs to be there,
> already outlined above the functions it does. So instead of just
> plain bgcolor, let's do something a bit more stylish, without
> drawing any attention to it.

I thought about it and I created this mock-up:
http://hagemaenner.de/stuff/gimp/PlanB/6.png

The idea is to use a simple radial gradient from the upper left corner
to the lower right. (This should be switched for RTL languages.)

The gradient colours are calculated from the "selected forecolour" from
the GTK theme. This way it fits nicely into every desktop environment.

In the center of the area I've added a simpel text "Drop Images here to
open them." (Perhaps a native speaker should change the wording.)
This is NOT the "Tip of the Day" and should NOT change.
The colour of the text is the brightest colour from the gradient. This
will give us a nice contrast and it will fit to the theme colours.

> >> the slider is a dead serious key in the whole experience. to
> >> seamlessly
> >> track the mood of users over a a working day (or a hobby night) is
> >> worth gold in user interaction.
> >
> > Would you please care to explain this?
>
> I am going to let the slider rest until the window content is sorted
> out.
> Then redesign the whole package so it all fits together...

I don't get you slider idea. But if you think about a small timewaster
what do you think about adding a colour slider to my mock-up?

Regards,
Tobias