Re: no image open spec...

Alexandre,

What Peter describes does not involve transparent windows.
I agree it does not seem useful, in sense of literal opacity.. Rather,
 a waterlevel-type adjustment could suit this idea better..with
     widgets appearing or disappearing according to whether they are
above waterlevel. It's important in this case that disappearance or
appearance should not change widget positions or sizes-- the widgets
should not be repacked after the initial packing..

(well, we could consider, if needed, more specific instances of a
general kind of action that could, at one level, have a widget for the
general operation, and then as the waterlevel drops, be replaced in
the same space by several widgets that are the more specific
instances.)