Re: finalizing the task list

On Nov 26, 2007 8:48 AM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Eeek, no! I thought I had tried to make the purpose of this list clear.
> > We already have Bugzilla and its milestones for the purpose of reminding
> > us what needs to be done for 2.6. The task list is supposed to list a
> > few tasks that we consider important and that show where GIMP
> > development is heading. Your list now has about five times too many
> > items. It will be rather difficult to get to the final list from there.
>
> OK - I thought it was too long also.  Ignore the third version.   I'm
> beginning to see the light - we need a short list of the most
> important items, with a nice description for each...  I'll try again
> tonight.

This is likely too long also and could use some more organization and
detail.   It's Alexandre's email to the gimp-dev list, plus a couple
of items later mentioned.  I followed the convention of adding a
(name) after each task and a (?) if that isn't certain.  Things inside
brackets are just my notes.

http://cr33dog.fedorapeople.org/misc/gimp_task_list_04.txt

Is this enough of a starting point to finalize what should and should
not be on the map?

Chris