Re: 2.6 roadmapping, the UI part of it...

On Sunday, October 28, 2007, 17:51:58, Guillermo Espertino wrote:

> Tabs don't work for image manipulation because is frequent to compare
> between two+ images or work with two views (one zoomed and the other at
> 100%) . If we use tabs we have only one image open at a time and that's
> mostly a problem for pros.

On the contrary, tabs would be perfect for the way I work - if I need
to compare a set of images, I align their windows, then switch between
them, and tabs would make this work without me having to manually
align (or maximize) the windows.

However, if the tabs are implemented, I'd like to see them done the
way Opera does it - it allows you to drag a tab out of the main window
to have the document open in it's own (free-floating) window, or it
lets you drag it to another top-level window, and "dock" it there.

--
< Jernej Simonèiè ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
       -- Experiential Law