Re: Rudeness on gimp devel and bugzilla - was: Re: Tools

There is a practice within OO bugzilla management (at least with some QA
persons) to 1. thank the bug reporter for his work - whether it is
useless from a developer's POV or not. 2. if it is a well-known bug or
the problem should be known from FAQ or other online document, the link
to this document or to the original bug is presented. As I use OO from
its first public builds, I can say such an approach is much appreciated
and inspires a reporter to proceed with the investigations or with the
program itself. I definitely do not want to offend anybody on this list
as often I am in a developer's shoes myself.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich