Re: Rudeness on gimp devel and bugzilla - was: Re: Tools

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris (gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Monday 19 March 2007 08:11, Simon Budig wrote:
> > > IMHO, refraining from posts like this could greatly improve the
> > > atmosphere of this list.
> > > It is really up to you to help  somebody with answering his
> > > question or not to help, but this "answer" only hurts and helps
> > > nothing.
> >
> > I don't agree with you there.
> >... (remaining ranst tossed on bascket)
>

> Simon, where does that forbid one to add words
> like "thanks", "please", "would" and etc... to even a short answer,
> like a FAQ URL???

Nothing forbids that. The absence of these things does not make an
answer rude though, which is the point I am arguing. I did hope that I
made that clear in the rest of the message, but since you perceived that
as a rant I seem to have chosen the wrong words.

As I said: there are other messages that can be interpreted as very
abrupt or curt, no doubt about this. And I really think that it makes
sense to reconsider certain "standard" sentences, especially - as Sven
explained - there certainly is no hurt intended.

> It is not really hard - and that is to you Mitch, you Sven, you Nomis,
> to simply rememebr the person on the other sidee is sitll a human
> being, is not it?

Since you were referring to me specifically as well, I'd like to ask you
to point out to me when/where I have chosen poor words or disrespect
towards the other human being. Feel free to discuss this on the list
although private mail probably is more appropriate.

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon@xxxxxxxx              http://simon.budig.de/