Re: Enhancement Proposal: Add a temporary magnifier

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:02:26 +0100, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This leads me to a similar idea:
> Opening a second view (implemented since long)
> and enabling an option 'follow cursor', which would
> scroll the view following the cursor, as long as the
> cursor is on another view.

I had exactly the same idea when I read the bug report.  This
has several advantages:
- you can position the 2nd view wherever you want so that it does
  not obstruct your work area;
- you can still see everything in the main view, including the
  exact shape and proportions of the brush;
- you can set the zoom level separately for the main view and for
  the zoomed-in view;
- you can also set the size of the zoomed-in view by just resizing
  the window instead of having to deal with preferences, etc.
- the zoomed-in view can support all other view options such as
  hiding or showing selections, guides and other stuff
  independently from the main view;
- support for multiple views is already there, the main thing
  missing is an option to track the pointer when it is in another
  view;
- geeks can have more than one zoomed-in view if they want to. ;-)

-Raphael