Re: Enhancement Proposal: Add a temporary magnifier

> how should tool interaction work with this? Would you want to see the> mouse cursor in the magnified view? Should you able to interact in it or> is it just a view?

IMO, there should be a fixed crosshair or something in the center ofthe "zoom window" that corresponds to the cursor.  As the tool movesaround the image, the image scrolls but the crosshair does not move.
I do not think there needs to be be any interaction, other than beingable to set the magnification level desired - either in prefs or inthe window itself.
I'm not sure whether it would be best to implement it as a pop-up assuggested, or as a dialog.  I'd probably vote for some type of toggleon the existing navigation window, or a new dialog similar to the navwindow.  I would probably find the pop-up annoying after a time.