Re: Enhancement Proposal: Add a temporary magnifier

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 05:14:13PM -0800, Mark Lowry wrote:

> It would be useful to add a temporary magnifying
> window that would provide a
> zoomed-in view of the area immediately surrounding the
> cursor.

> This functionality would be very useful when making
> selections with the pen
> tool, lasso tool, etc.

Hmm. I do in fact a lot of zooming when cropping or making
rectangular selections, where I need both the 'big picture'
and pixel precision.

But how to make sure the window doesn't obstruct an
area you need to see?

> Another way to implement this would be to have the
> magnification value in the
> preferences, and instead of opening up a separate
> window for the magnified view
> you enlarge a circular region immediately surrounding
> the cursor

Could be problematic with rectangular selections.

This leads me to a similar idea:
Opening a second view (implemented since long)
and enabling an option 'follow cursor', which would
scroll the view following the cursor, as long as the
cursor is on another view.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: