Re: Meaning of delay in screenshot plugin

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 19:09 -0600, Clarence Risher wrote:

> Sven's argument is true, but does not address my point.  In every case
> like this the process will be more complex than just shot-clip-done.
> In cases of non-rectangular areas the clipping will be quite annoying.
>  And in the rare case of alpha transparency it would be impossible to
> "erase" the parts of the desktop or other windows behind the window
> you are trying to capture.

The point is that you are bringing up a completely new topic here. There
is currently no support whatsoever for shaped windows or windows with an
alpha channel. As long as no one adds such support (which would be
extremely complicated to get right on all systems), there is no point in
arguing about it.

Sven