Re: Meaning of delay in screenshot plugin

On 1/30/07, peter sikking <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Clarence Risher wrote:
> > On 1/30/07, peter sikking <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > - the fact that it is a piece of cake to cut out a rectangle
> > >    out of a image in GIMP, or two added rectangles (window +
> > >    menu sticking out).
> > For the record, windows are not always rectangular, or do not always
> > fill their bounding box.
>
> You see, you had me doubting there, but then Sven wrote:
>
> > The windows are still rectangular
> > [edit to restore context: even if they have a bitmask or alpha
> > channel that makes their shape appear non-rectangular. Screenshots of
> > such windows will always be rectangular so this doesn't really matter
> > here. ]
>
> else I would have given the whole thing a re-think.

Sven's argument is true, but does not address my point.  In every case
like this the process will be more complex than just shot-clip-done.
In cases of non-rectangular areas the clipping will be quite annoying.
 And in the rare case of alpha transparency it would be impossible to
"erase" the parts of the desktop or other windows behind the window
you are trying to capture.