Re: Drawing zones

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 01:26:07PM +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> # The goal:
> Draw on several areas of an image while maintaining sharp edges
> around each of them (in many cases they will touch, so before I
> talked about edges between them).
> With the least amount of interruption!

> # Drawing zones

> # Stop lines

Thinking some more about this, a "switch to highest in the stack
layer with non-zero alpha at pointer location", option, triggered
on button/pen-down before drawing is actually executed could
do the trick while been least intrusive in GIMP.

It would be a bit like the Pick_a_layer_or_guide option of the
Move tool, allthough it might be of advantage to stay on the
last painted on layer, not jumping back to the previous layer
selection.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: