Re: Drawing zones

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 22:06 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> My proposal is about an alternative to using either layers
> or saved selections to draw on areas of an image with sharp
> edges between them.

I start to realize what you are asking for now. But, instead of
suggesting a solution, could you perhaps try to explain where the
problems are when you try to use the currently available features to
implement your workflow? You should be able to do this with layers or
selections. If that doesn't work for you, then perhaps there's something
that we need to change about how layers and/or selections are handled. I
don't think that we need to introduce a completely new feature.

This is one of the main reasons why I ask for enhancement requests to be
discussed here first. I would like users to explain their goals and the
way they would like to work. Users are good at pointing out problems
with our user interface but they tend to suggest features that would be
difficult to implement and to maintain. Quite often there is a simpler
solution that fits in better with the current feature set and codebase.

Sven