Re: default setup for 2.4 comments

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:04:38PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

> to avoid misunderstandings, I would like to point out that I very much
> welcome the discussion about the defaults for 2.4. But I think that we
> should better have it on the gimp-users list. I don't think that
> developers are good at doing user interface decisions.

Well unfortunately we users are ultimately at the mercy of you
developers, so all we can do is *hope* that you are good at the UI
decisions, since we have to live with them....

> That doesn't mean that we should do whatever the users tell us to do. By
> no means. But we should listen to them and give them a chance to
> participate in such decisions. I would very much welcome a merge of the
> users and developer lists.

That is an excellent idea! I, as a user, got onto this developer list
some time ago for some forgotten reason. But it has been fascinating
to watch you discuss the evolving 2.4. There seem to be some who are
interested in what we poor schmucks out here in Userland have to say,
while others seem to take the attitude of "Let them eat cake".  Free
software is a wondrous thing.

Scott Swanson