Re: default setup for 2.4 comments

Hi,

to avoid misunderstandings, I would like to point out that I very much
welcome the discussion about the defaults for 2.4. But I think that we
should better have it on the gimp-users list. I don't think that
developers are good at doing user interface decisions. Most of us (and
that includes me) are way too used to the way that things are and used
to be for years. We are not capable of seeing the problems and possible
solutions unless we listen to our users.

That doesn't mean that we should do whatever the users tell us to do. By
no means. But we should listen to them and give them a chance to
participate in such decisions. I would very much welcome a merge of the
users and developer lists.

Sven