Re: Re: Are @gimp.org aliases needed at all?

On 9/28/06, Manish Singh <yosh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't get where the expectation that postings from gimp.org addresses
should be considered as anything but the individual _expression_ of the
author. Expecting a volunteer organization to have a rigid public face
is ridiculous.

When I initially joined the list several years ago I was disappointed in the attitude of one/some "gimp.org" posters because I  thought they were in some way associated with the project. There was too much noise and disrespect so I left the list because of it (but have since re-joined).

Personally I don't think it is an unreasonable expectation that someone with a gimp.org email is associated with the project. It may be ridiculous to expect a "rigid" public face, but I think the public should expect the project to have a respectable face.

Can we please stop cluttering the development mailing list with this
now?

The project has a problem. Several people have pointed out the problem. Although not explicitly stated, I would think the purpose of the developer list is to discuss project issues.

--
Tim Jedlicka, Network Entomologist
bonzo@xxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.galifree.com