Re: make healing brush and clone tool use one source and possibly involve shift modifier

I'll try to describe my workflow. When I'm retouching (humans skin) there are two types of defects from color point of view: 1. the ones which have rather large smooth area and which color differs from skin color and 2. small ones with the texture other than nearby skin and possibly but not necessary different color. The difference is rather narrow and is based on defect size compared to nearby face features: foldings, lips...

I use scalable round brush mostly with 50% opacity which fades to edges. Also 2 modifiers are used: [] for quick and <> for exact brush resizing.

So if a defect has different (reddish) color, it can even have the same texture as the nearby skin. The healing brush doesn't change the color, but it is required here! The clone tool is just in place for this action. So I switch to it with C, select the source again and apply it.

Making a conclusion, sometimes it is required to replace the destination color with the source one, not only to flatten or copy the texture of the source. That's why I use the clone tool consequently with the healing brush.

Sven Neumann wrote:

That said, let's get back to your suggestion. It would help if, instead
of proposing a solution, you could outline what exactly you cannot
achieve using the Heal tool. There are most probably better ways to
solve the problem.

Sven

--
With respect