Re: [Gimp-web] http://layers.gimp.org/ is Ugly

Hi folks,

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 12:30:59PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> I'm afraid to say that http://layers.gimp.org/ is incredibly ugly, and makes
> us look very bad. As people who develop an image editing software we should
> have at least a bit of rudimentary aesthetic sense.
>
> Carol told me she tried to make it look like the Layers dialog. Well, that's
> not what I'd like to see there, and even so with some CSS and images it can
> look much better. In any case, a web page can be even more visually appealing
> without trying to emulate a GUI dialog.
Besides the technical problems, I think you should propose a new site
layout than just pestering about the current layout.

I think 'ugly' is a very subjective term and if no one comes up with
something better I wouldn't change anything in Carols position. This is
similar to what GIMP users nag the developers about (Usability, Window
Management, etc)

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost