Re: fact roundup

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 11:57:46AM -0500, Cody Russell wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 12:43 +0200, jernej@xxxxxx wrote:
> > On Thursday, July 20, 2006, 3:02:52, Simon Budig wrote:
> >
> > > I am sick of that kind of stuff. I am about to unsubscribe from
> > > gimp-developer because of that kind of stuff - reading gimp-developer is
> > > no fun anymore, because at any time you can hit a message that has a very
> > > confusing and frustrating content.
> >
> > You can always create a rule to delete her messages on server, before they
> > even have the chance to reach your mailbox.
> >

> Except that this solution doesn't really fix the problem, which is that
> she's scaring people away from GIMP.  The real solution is for her to
> follow Sven's suggestions and remove herself from the GIMP mailing
> lists, stop using her gimp.org email alias, and stop using GIMP's irc.

just tell the list (and me) how one gets on the GNOME contact list for
these booth things and all of the things that have been suggested will at
least seem like they have been accomplished.

personally, i don't like that Sven Neumann suggests that anything that
Tim Ney did could be possibly interpreted as "filthy".  it should not
have gotten personal like that.

i saw a bunch of photographs on planet gnome from guadec.  they have
since disappeared.  it was what looked like some nice young men and the
collection kindof looked like that old PROFIT collection of images i saw
from miguel and nat from years ago.  i am going to humbly suggest that
these young men were pointing at the wrong place on their bodies, if
this version of gimp/gnome/gtk+ developement and how it works is going
to stay this way.

thanks everyone for your time and opinions

carol