Re: menu cluttage

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 04:47 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 01:11 -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> > Now that GIMP handles registration of the same menu item from
> > different plug-ins, I am just waiting for the time a user reports
> > a bug in Whirl and Pinch (for example) and doesn't realize which
> > version they were using (as in the Python version or the C
> > version).
>
> The Python version will of course not be in any stable release.
>
> And so far I don't see anyone complaining about my proposal to not
> install any Python scripts at all with GIMP 2.4.
Hey.
It is allright for me if you do not install then- but I had
complained. - At least count that.

Actually we could think of then case by case. Almost all of then are
just clones of other plugin/scripts, buyt, py-slice, for example, has
only an equivalent in gimp-perl, and currently py-slice is far more
capable.

Also, IRCC, some scripts dealing with palettes where implemented in
python, using some I had done as basis. These also provide unique
features.

	JS
	-><-