Re: [Gimp-developer] CVS HEAD dependency on glib-2.6 / gtk+-2.6

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Hal V. Engel wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 February 2005 13:15, Robert Ögren wrote:
> snip
> > Did you also check that there were no files named for example
> > libgdk-x11-2.0.so* in /usr/local/lib  or anywhere else on the system
> > except for /opt/gnome/lib?
> > (that file is a part of GTK+)
>
> Yes I did exactly that.  I did the same for glib, pango and atk.  But I
> did not try the same for gdk since this is not listed as a dependency
> for GTK.

Actually, it is not a dependency. GDK is a part of GTK+ that more or less
abstracts the low-level interaction with the windowing system (X11, Win32
etc). So, installing GTK+ installs several library files, for example
libgdk_pixbuf, libgdk and libgtk. In the same way, GLib consists of
libglib, libgmodule, libgobject and libgthread; Pango has libraries like
libpango, libpangoft2, libpangox, libpangoxft, libpangowin32 etc etc. And
in addition some other stuff like configuration files and header files
gets installed as well.

If you encounter any more problems you might want to take another look in
/usr/local to see if there is more old stuff there. (But don't delete
files randomly ;) )

> The result is full of joy as GIMP and Firefox now run with out errors.
>
> Thanks for all the help.  I will now be able to follow the development
> of GIMP and can hopefully help guide the implementation of color
> management.

I'm glad to hear that!

Robert