Re: [Gimp-developer] CVS HEAD dependency on glib-2.6 / gtk+-2.6

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 13:15, Robert Ögren wrote:
snip
> Did you also check that there were no files named for example
> libgdk-x11-2.0.so* in /usr/local/lib  or anywhere else on the system
> except for /opt/gnome/lib?
> (that file is a part of GTK+)

Yes I did exactly that.  I did the same for glib, pango and atk.  But I
did not try the same for gdk since this is not listed as a dependency
for GTK.

snip

> To me that sounds like it's picking up a 2.2 version of libgdk which
> didn't have that symbol. You could try running:
>
> ldd /path/to/gimp-2.0
>
> to see which shared libraries it depends on. If it seems to pick up
> libgdk or libgtk from any other directory than /opt/gnome/lib (if
that's
> where you installed GTK+), then you have a problem. You could also
check
> the result of  ldd /opt/gnome/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
>
> You can run
>
> objdump -T  /opt/gnome/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 | grep lock
>
> to make sure that the gdk_threads_lock symbol indeed exists in the
> libgdk you built. It should be listed in the output from grep.
>
> Hope this helps
> Robert

I did find an old version of gdk installed in /usr/local/lib dated 2003
probably installed by who knows what RPM.  This was much older than
the gdk installed in /opt/gnome/lib so I removed the files
from /usr/local/lib and ran ldcongif.  And did a make install for gtk
2.6.2.  The result is full of joy as GIMP and Firefox now run with out
errors.

Thanks for all the help.  I will now be able to follow the development
of GIMP and can hopefully help guide the implementation of color
management.

--
Hal V. Engel