Re: [Gimp-developer] CVS HEAD dependency on glib-2.6 / gtk+-2.6

On Sunday 06 February 2005 05:44, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
snip

> This looks as if you installed pango into a prefix that is not
> searched by the linker. You will have to either
modify /etc/ld.so.conf
> to include that path, or set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable.

> Sven

Sven,

Thanks for getting back about this.  I checked this and at first it
appeared to be OK (ld.so.conf looked ok).  So I did some more looking
around on my system and it turned out that I had 2 versions of pango
installed in 2 locations (1.6 in /usr/local/lib and 1.8
in /opt/gnome/lib).  So I cleaned this up. I also checked everything
else related to GTK and GIMP to make sure that I had no duplicates
before moving on.

I then un-installed (just to make sure) and built GLIB, Pango, ATK and
GTK.  There were no apparent problems during the build process.  But
now when I try to run GIMP I get the following error message:

gimp: error while loading shared
libraries: /opt/gnome/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined
symbol:gdk_threads_lock

I get the same error message when I try to run Firefox and GKrellM.
This is the same error message I was getting after I installed the GTK
2.4 RPMs.  I tested GIMP after building each library and it was fine
until GTK was installed.  I can get these running again by backing out
GTK to the version that shipped with my distro.

I did a search of the gtk-list, gtk-app-devel-list and gtk-devel-list
and there was a thread on this error message on the gtk-list.  But it
was a dead end as there was no solution to the problem posted in the
thread.  Any ideas about what might be causing this?

--
Hal V. Engel