Re: [Gimp-developer] question regarding Order of Menu items

Hi,

"miriam clinton (iriXx)" <iriXx@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> What i'm questioning here is - does this order of menu mean that one
> can set one's own menu preferences? (a piece of functionality I hadn't
> realised was there) or is this just a programming issue?

The question wasn't about the order of menus, it was about the default
value choosen in a combo-box. The default value is user configurable,
the menus in general aren't.

GIMP 2.2 makes it easy to change the menus since the menu structure
isn't any longer hardcoded into the application but read from a number
of XML files. However the user isn't supposed to edit these files.
This is a feature for developers and for users who want to play with
the menus in order to help us to improve the menu hierarchy during the
next development cycle.

Sven