Re: [Gimp-developer] comparing gimp speed

Hi,

Michael Schumacher <schumaml@xxxxxx> writes:

> No, they should be - and it would be good to have them in the docs, as
> almost no one seems to know about man pages anymore these days.

We could consider this for the next release. The gimprc manpage is
generated. Since most of these strings are also used as tooltips in
the preferences dialog, a good deal of them are already marked for
translation. With some more strings marked and some minor changes to
app/config/gimpconfig-dump.c, we could generate internationalized
man-pages. Not sure if we should install those but it could be useful
to generate HTML from this. There are tools for this. Alternatively we
could teach gimp to generate the gimprc documentation in Docbook XML.

Sven