Re: [Gimp-developer] comparing gimp speed

David Neary wrote:
Hi Sven

Sven Neumann wrote:

while we are discussing this. Would anyone object if we changed the
default tile cache size from 64MB to 128MB? Memory is becoming cheap
these days and IMO it is reasonable to adapt the default value from
time to time.

I think that's reasonable.

More important than a specific default value is IMO that the docs describe exactly what this setting is for and provide some reasonable examples for different setups.

Currently, a user can't really figure out what this setting does, at least by reading the docs.

Michael

--
The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de