[Gimp-developer] canvas background options

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laxminarayan Kamath <kamathln@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:34:51 +0530
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] canvas background options
To: David Odin <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:02:31 +0100, David Odin <david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Yes, this feature is important to me at least.  It is important to
> have a dark surrounding around a dark image and a light one around a
> light image, so you can judge the contrast better.
>      Regards,
>          DindinX

Hey, Then y not automatically set it to the average of the border upon
But some images need the average of  whole image, where as some need
one with hoghest  saturatiuon, another might need the least
saturation. what we do is set one of them automatically, say the
average of the border and the rest of the results be shown as a
choice. and at the end of the choice,  will be the cutom color
chooser.

Whether  to do this automatically or not can be added in pref dialog
--
Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal
MithraKoota, Bhoja Rao Lane,