Re: [Gimp-developer] canvas background options

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 12:48:02PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, David Odin wrote:
>
> > Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:02:31 +0100
> > From: David Odin <David@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Cc: gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] canvas background options
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:06:21PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > >
> > > I noticed the Canvas background colour options under the Image menu in the
> > > gimp 2.2.
> > >
> > > In gimp 2.0 this option was fairly discrete and was available on the top
> > > right just above the scrollbar which seemed fair enough even if it was
> > > not something I would ever change (except perhaps by changing my desktop
> > > theme).
> > >
> > > Is this feature really important to some users, so much so that it needs
> > > menu items?  I am suggesting it would be better to put this in the
> > > preferences if at all rather than cluttering the menus.
> > >
> >   Yes, this feature is important to me at least.  It is important to
> > have a dark surrounding around a dark image and a light one around a
> > light image, so you can judge the contrast better.
>
> I can understand how that would require you to change it regularly and why
> you might want a menu item for it.
> How did you like how the feature was presented in 2.0 or were you unaware
> of it until it was given a prominant menu item?

  I tend to prefer the gimp-2.0 way since it is quicker to use.  I don't
remember why it has been put to the menu. A "prominant menu item" as it
is now also let the user to tear it off and have it handy.  So my
preference (have it on the upper right corner window) is only a matter
of taste I guess.

     Regards,

         DindinX

--
david@xxxxxxxxxxx
Do jellyfish get gas from eating jellybeans?