Re: [Gimp-developer] difference between canvas_draw and draw_tool_draw functions

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:46:02PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > the drawtool always paints using GIMP_CANVAS_STYLE_XOR, correct? I'm
> > creating a patch to add an option to the crop tool to blind the
> > region outside the crop area, so you can see how the image will look
> > after cropping. I've not decided yet if XOR is good, or if the area
> > should become black. Anybody a preference?
>
> I think neither XOR nor black are an option here. What we would want
> to see is a less saturated and darkened version of the image being
> shown outside the crop region. That is not going to be a trivial
> change though.

less saturated won't work for grayscale images, but darkened would be OK I
think, but I don't think I can do that on my second day of gimp hacking
indeed ;-) But black is a useful start, it can always be improved to a darkened
image any later time (for now you can always toggle the checkbox if you want to
see what the outer region of the image looks like).

regards,
	Olivier