Re: [Gimp-developer] difference between canvas_draw and draw_tool_draw functions

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 11:27:17AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > what is the difference between for example
> > gimp_canvas_draw_rectangle and gimp_draw_tool_draw_rectangle?
>
> The GimpDrawTool API takes image coordinates while the (lowerlevel)
> GimpCanvas API takes display coordinates.

the drawtool always paints using GIMP_CANVAS_STYLE_XOR, correct? I'm
creating a patch to add an option to the crop tool to blind the region
outside the crop area, so you can see how the image will look after
cropping. I've not decided yet if XOR is good, or if the area should become
black. Anybody a preference?

another question, how can I 'undraw' a section, after the user for example
changed the location of a handle? If I use XOR this is not a problem, but if
I draw the area black, this is a problem.

thanks,
	Olivier