Re: [Gimp-developer] stroking with gimp

Hi,

Simon Budig <simon@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> What would help the stroking would be an automatic conversion of the
> outline to a path and then stroking this. We cannot do this right now
> since the selection to path functionality is implemented as a plugin and
> the core must not depend on a plugin.

The core can very well use a plug-in. It just needs to handle the case
that the plug-in is not available. This can be easily checked by
looking up the procedure in the PDB.

If it turns out that the potrace code would be useful for the GIMP, it
should probably be included as a plug-in and not been added to the core.

Sven