Re: [Gimp-developer] stroking with gimp

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 05:48:13PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > i have been playing with many generations of TheGIMP this morning.  i
> > compared the gimp's ability to make nice strokes and i found the results
> > to be interesting and revealing:
> > http://carol.gimp.org/files/stroke.png
>
> Well, the image alone doesn't make much sense. You will also have to
> explain what you did to create it. A more elaborate comparison would
> probably be helpful.

understood.

the upper circles were stroked with the default setting of the current
stroke dialog.  the lower circles were stroked with the fuzzy 7 pixel
brush.  the stroking with gimp-1.2 did not have a default stroke option
like one finds in gimp2 so it is a simple stroking with the same 7 pixel
fuzzy brush.

> > simon is busy doing other things on the irc and such, perhaps we
> > need a volunteer to help?  raphael, you have experience with taking
> > over projects, perhaps you have some time.
>
> It would really help if you could restrain of adding such useless and
> inflamatory comments to your mails. That would allow us to actually
> discuss the subject w/o getting into the next flamewar. But perhaps
> that is what you are after?

well, it is not inflamatory from me the source.  it is trying to work
with the same team.  simon is (by his own admission) studying human
behavior and i am not interested in interrupting.  i commend raphael for
his fine history with gimp things.

carol