[Gimp-developer] stroking with gimp

hi,

i have been playing with many generations of TheGIMP this morning.  i
compared the gimp's ability to make nice strokes and i found the results
to be interesting and revealing:
http://carol.gimp.org/files/stroke.png

can something be done to make stroking be at least as nice as it used to
be?  i was blaming libart, but it was explained to me that this was not
the cause.

simon is busy doing other things on the irc and such, perhaps we need a
volunteer to help?  raphael, you have experience with taking over
projects, perhaps you have some time.

carol