Re: [Gimp-developer] New Image dialog usability bug

Hi,

Quoting Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>:
> Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:
> > You forgot a third solution, proposed in bugzilla, which you said yourself
> > wouldn't be too bad, and that is rearranging the frame with the units in it
> > look like this:
> >
> > Units: [mm]
> > Width: 210
> > Height: 297
>
> Apart from the fact that it looks like crap,

That's subjective, I don't think it does. But perhaps a mock-up would resolve
that issue...

> it also looks different
> than in all other places where lengths are being entered. If the size
> entry looks different than other size entries, how is the user
> supposed to understand that it behaves like the others?  And why do
> the other entries look different then?

I presumed that we would change it everywhere. There is no change in behaviour,
merely a change in the position of the units.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary