[Gimp-developer] Should the checkerboard be linked to the window or to the image?

  Hi,

You all know that the gimp is using a checkerboard to show the transparency
of some parts of images.  This checkerboard has always been fixed with
repect to the image.  That is, if you scroll a zoomed-in image, the
checkerboard is scrolled with the image.

If you have played with the plug-in's previews in the cvs (until today),
you may have noticed that the checkerboard was fixed to the window, and
it didn't move during panning or scrolling.  This behaviour has been
fixed in the name of consistency with the image window behaviour.

But I liked the old behaviour (having the checkerboard fixed to the
window) since it really shows that the checkerboard isn't part of the
drawable as soon as you pan or scroll the preview, and such, the
transparency is more obvious.

Anyway we have to be consistent here. So, I would like to know what
you (especially artists) do prefer:

- keep the checkerboard fixed to the drawable for images and previews.
- have the checkerboard fixed to the window for images and previews.

Imho, the later is nicer, but Sven told me it could make the scrolling
and panning of the main image window much slower.

    What to you think?

         DindinX

--
david@xxxxxxxxxxx
int m,u,e=0;float l,_,I;main() {for(;e<1863; putchar((++e>924&&952>