Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp_text_fontname and memory issues

Hi,

"Jared Whiting" <jwhiting@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am using GIMP version 2.0.1. If anyone has run into the same issues
> with gimp_text_fontname and has an idea of the best way to clean up
> resources after using it (or if I am on the wrong track here), it would
> be greatly appreciated.

Please, first of all, upgrade to GIMP version 2.0.4. If the problem
persists, you should definitely file a bug-report at
bugzilla.gimp.org.  You should also let us know what versions of
freetype and pango you are using. The memory leak might be in those
libraries also. It would also be good to know how much memory you see
being leaked and how exactly you measure the memory usage.

If this is possible for you and if you have experience with such
tools, it would be very helpful if you could run gimp and your script
in a memory debugger such as memprof or valgrind.  This is not
necessary though, we can do that for you.

Sven