Re: [Gimp-developer] compose - decompose nitpicking

On 21 Jul 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:
> > I think it would be even more useful to set the compose mode to the
> > last used decompose mode, rather than the last used compose mode (if
> > you get my meaning).
>
> Well, this is doable but it would require closer interaction between
> the two plug-ins. compose could read the last-used-parameters set by
> decompose. A prerequisite for this would be to let the two plug-ins
> share a common header.

Why not put a parasite on the images created by decompose saying what
mode the image was decomposed with, and which layers (or images,
depending on the options when you decomposed) corrispond to which
channels?  Then there would be no need for guessing, and you could work
with more than one decomposed image (or layer, for that matter) at once.
You would still want to allow the user to switch to some other layer for
the recompose, of course, but it would be nice to default to the way it
was decomposed.

Rockwalrus