[Gimp-developer] photoshop like variations Gimp plugin proposal

Hi!

Im wondering, how powerfull is the plugin variations from photoshop.
Its really usefull for face drawing. (My friend have showed it to me.
And equally I have a video tutorial of this)
How its accessible from the menu:
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/variationMenu.png
How it is look like:
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/variationMain.png

I have searching something similare in the Gimp,
I have found a plugin what have similar interface:
Filters->colors->filter pack

I have created a test image:
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/variationDebug.png
I have launched the variation plugin, and clicked only at the 'More
Yellow' thumbnail.
Here is the sequence of this:
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/variationYellow1.png
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/variationYellow2.png
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/variationYellow9.png
And the first 'more green' result:
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/variationGreen1.png

The plugin operate with the layer effect in mode 'color'.(I suppose)
I have followed the 'More yellow' process.
(the variationYellow images)
The process of gray color:
On the original picture:
R: 65%, G:65%, B:65% (a7a7a7)
1. step (More Yellow)
 R: 68%, G:76%, B:47% (aec279)
2. step
 R: 73%, G:85%, B:19% (bbd930)
3. step
 R: 80%, G:85%, B:9% (cdda18)
4. step
 R: 90%, G:95%, B:0% (e6f200)
5. step
 R: 96%, G:98%, B:0% (f4fb00)
6. step
 R: 98%, G:99%, B:0% (fafd00)
7. step
 R: 99%, G:100%, B:0% (fdfe00)
8. step
 R: 100%, G:100%, B:0% (fefe00)

I have written this in hope, perhaps if somebody is interessing of
writing this usefull plugin. What can I contribute? I can take many
photoshop's screenshot, and I can contribute results of test images.

Best regards,
 Khiraly

ps: sorry for my ugly english