Re: [Gimp-developer] Edit -->Copy confusion

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:19:30PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> > when i Edit-->Copy from an image with a 400% view (partial view so
> > imagine the scroll bars and the limited area showing) and Paste this
> > layer to an image with a 25% view (imagine the smaller view where the
> > whole image is in view) the 400% portion that can be seen is what gets
> > pasted; not the whole layer that was being copied.
>
> Are you sure? I cannot reproduce this, neither with gimp-2.0 nor
> gimp-2.1. And I can also not think of a way this could possibly
> happen. The displayed area is in no way connected to the
> selection. The part of the code that does copy and paste doesn't know
> anything about the GimpDisplay and it's scale ratio and offsets.

the fact that you cannot reproduce it is somehow assuring to me.  not as
reassuring as a bug report number or search words to more efficiently
research it myself.

would screenshots be enough for you to believe i am having this problem?
i am even stuck on the best way to show this problem as it really all
could be created by me.  believing my screenshots you would have to
believe that i would never fake a problem with the gimp.

is there a more reliable way to communicate this to you?

carol