Re: [Gimp-developer] Edit -->Copy confusion

Hi,

Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> when i Edit-->Copy from an image with a 400% view (partial view so
> imagine the scroll bars and the limited area showing) and Paste this
> layer to an image with a 25% view (imagine the smaller view where the
> whole image is in view) the 400% portion that can be seen is what gets
> pasted; not the whole layer that was being copied.

Are you sure? I cannot reproduce this, neither with gimp-2.0 nor
gimp-2.1. And I can also not think of a way this could possibly
happen. The displayed area is in no way connected to the
selection. The part of the code that does copy and paste doesn't know
anything about the GimpDisplay and it's scale ratio and offsets.

Sven