Re: [Gimp-developer] Refactoring code from GPL to LGPL

Robin Rowe wrote:

How do you get permission to move GIMP code from GPL into LGPL?

You get the explicit permission of everyone who's ever contributed to the code in question. For the entirety of the GIMP, that's about 100 people.

I can tell you right now that I object to relicensure, which means you're going to have to exclude anything I've ever written. Good luck with that; I'm responsible for some pretty substantial parts of GIMP's infrastructure code.

Kelly