[Gimp-developer] Re: reporting bugs on builds

On Friday, May 7, 2004, 17:50:13, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Because we can't do anything about the bugs. Nobody but the packager
> can. The situation would be different if the tools used to build the
> binary packages would be in GNOME CVS. That would certainly qualify
> the project for also using the bug tracker. But as long as people
> build GIMP using proprietary scripts that they don't publish anywhere,
> I am going to show no tolerance towards them.

Not sure about what kind of proprietary scripts are you talking about - the
installer scripts were always available, though it depended a lot on my mood
where I put them (in a separate zipfile, or together with the rest of
sources). The setup compiler itself is free, too.

To compile Gimp, I use MinGW+MSys, with no special tools.

--
begin  .sig
< Jernej Simoncic >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

It is much harder to find a job than to keep one.
       -- Becker's Law
end