Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Gimp 2.0

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:
I make a copy of each
visible layer and merge them to a new one. I
have beein wondering why this is not an option in the layer context
menu (like "copy visible and merge those").

There is Selection->Copy Visible which essentially does just that.

I would never have found that in a million years. Would it be possible/desirable to duplicate this function in the Layers menu (Layers->Copy Visible or wherever) which creates a new layer which is a combination of the visible ones?

The baby is my son, I didn't think of any negative connotations, but
indeed I wasn't thinking "that way". Given your comments and the way
you saw it, I will take them down.

Please don't take the pixture down. It's ridiculous to say that putting such a picture on the internet will cause children to be abused. People who abouse children are sick; not showing them baby pictures won't change that. The picture is in no way offensive and anyone who draws a relation to the Dutroux tragedy is either sick himself or overly cautious.

Of course it's your choice what to do since it's the picture of your
son. But I don't think there's any reason to take it down.

I took the screenshot down, and perhaps I should explain why in light of Simon and Sven's comments... when I read this mail, I got defensive a bit - the thought that someone thought the photo could be viewed sexually kind of turned my stomach. So I took it down.

Anyway - people kind of missed the whole point of me sending that to the list... this person mailed me off-list because he saw me as someone "safe" to talk to. That's not a nice way to have things on our mailing list. What can we do to change that?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary