Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Gimp 2.0

Hi,

Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:

> > I have beein playing around with Gimp for some time now, and one
> > procedure I apply every once in a while is to make a copy of each
> > visible layer and merge them to a new one (as a means comparable to
> > "CVS tagging" - to mark and save a stage of development). In fact, I
> > have beein wondering why this is not an option in the layer context
> > menu (like "copy visible and merge those") - is there maybe a better
> > way to do this? I use it also when I need a filter to operater on
> > the whole picture ("all layers").

There is Selection->Copy Visible which essentially does just that.

> > Also, I find the picture of the wet baby in the "Screen Shots"
> > section rather annoying. I mean, it's not the baby's fault, but I
> > think that with all the stuff going on in Europe (Dutroux), placing
> > a half-naked kid with amateur lightning in this section is not a
> > matter of particularly good taste. Maybe it would be good to show
> > more neutral photographs, like skies and landscapes etc. that are
> > bright and where's much to look at.
>
> The baby is my son, I didn't think of any negative connotations, but
> indeed I wasn't thinking "that way". Given your comments and the way
> you saw it, I will take them down. I'm not sure where screenshot
> submissions should go though -
> perhaps someone else will pipe up with ideas about that?

Please don't take the pixture down. It's ridiculous to say that
putting such a picture on the internet will cause children to be
abused. People who abouse children are sick; not showing them baby
pictures won't change that. The picture is in no way offensive and
anyone who draws a relation to the Dutroux tragedy is either sick
himself or overly cautious.

Of course it's your choice what to do since it's the picture of your
son. But I don't think there's any reason to take it down.

Sven