Re: [Gimp-developer] Proposal for fixing the GimpStatusbar API

On 14 Jan 2004 13:25:44 +0100, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Raphaël Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I don't think that the tool status always being visible is mandatory.
> IMO it would be sufficient to be able to replace messages. Tools will
> set the statusbar every so often anyway.

That's right.  It would still be a problem if the interactive message
from the tool has to compete with a plug-in updating the message
showing its progress, but this is not a very serious issue for the
moment.

> At this point we are not
> seeking for a perfect solution but for a quick fix for 2.0. The
> proposal that needs the smallest amount of changes should definitely
> be favored at this point.

OK, I agree.  Let's use a quick fix for 2.0 and then see how the API
can be improved later (e.g., for 2.2).  So I will try to work on bug
#124040, assuming that bug #120175 could be fixed soon.

-Raphaël