Re: [Gimp-developer] Proposal for fixing the GimpStatusbar API

Hi,

RaphaÃl Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I don't understand how the gimp_statusbar_replace() API would
> solve the problem, because one or several other messages from
> the plug-in would have to be pushed or popped _under_ the
> message from the measure tool because the interactive actions
> from the tools should always be visible.

I don't think that the tool status always being visible is mandatory.
IMO it would be sufficient to be able to replace messages. Tools will
set the statusbar every so often anyway. At this point we are not
seeking for a perfect solution but for a quick fix for 2.0. The
proposal that needs the smallest amount of changes should definitely
be favored at this point.

Sven