Re: [Gimp-developer] Startup Notification support...

Hi,

Alastair Robinson <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It's only recently I've installed GTK2 and got the PangoFT2 bits
> working - and it is a laborious and painful process.

Could you please explain what's so painful about it? Almost all
distributions include packages for it for quite some time already and
even compiling from source is pretty much straight-forward.

Please note that during the 1.3 development process we did never
depend on the very latest versions of the required libraries. We
always assured that even debian testing which is a very conservative
distribution has the packages available that are needed to build
GIMP-1.3. If we decided to change our dependencies to a newer version,
we always checked if this is really necessary.

Sven