Re: [Gimp-developer] PO files

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 1:11 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:
> > Sure. README.i18n contains the basics of how to use gettext.
> >
> > The inaccurate Rough Guide is like this... you copy an existing
> > po template file to one named after your localisation, translate
> > the messages (being careful to use UTF-8), add the po files to
> > CVS, and when you have po files for each of the localised
> > directories (the dirs starting with po), add the language to
> > ALL_LINGUAS in Makefile.am
>
> You missed an important point here: You should coordinate your
> translation effort with the GTP (GNOME Translation Project). Please
> do not start working on translations (new or existing ones) without
> getting in contact with the translation team for the particular
> language you are interested in.

Here goes what I got when writting the one in charge for pt_BR in the
GTP pages:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at conectiva.com.br.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
<godoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Does GTP have a list or something?
I think I have heard from this Godoy in a local free-software list, I
will check.
Meanwhile I've written the guy listed in the GIMP pt_BR file - that
mail did not seen to fail, and I will possibly get a reply.