Re: [Gimp-developer] Screenshot plug-in status

Hi,

Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx> writes:

> Henrik Brix Andersen writes:
>  > Using gimp_pixel_rgn_set_row() may work for some images, but since
>  > GdkPixbufs internally have aligned data which may result in padding
>  > garbage inserted between two rows, you will need to use
>  > gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride() and iterate over the rows one by one.
>
> But couldn't one at least check if gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride()
> indicates that there isn't any padding, and in that case use
> gimp_pixel_rgn_set_rect()? At least on my aging PIII-450, the
> difference in speed is huge.

I am surprised that this makes any noticeable difference and I think
it would be worth to check the reason for this. A much simpler
optimization would probably to set a reasonable tile_cache size. At
the moment the new screenshot plug-in fails to do that.

Sven